Part-Time Popular Materials Librarian
Ela Area Public Library District
The Ela Area Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic individual to serve the community as a Librarian in the Popular Materials Department. The ideal candidate should be passionate about trending books, films, magazines, and other media. This position will additionally help connect the community to materials in the library, as well as help shape the collection and contribute to the implementation of Reader’s Services (Posted 11/21/16).
- Provides general reference and readers’ advisory services and maintains an awareness of current readers’ advisory practices.
- Assists patrons with the use of the Popular Materials collection.
- Creates and maintains book displays and bibliographies, as assigned.
- Contributes to collection development of Popular Materials.
- Assists with the implementation of book discussions.
- Assists patrons with the use of the computer catalogs, Internet, digital materials, teen computers, print station, and copiers.
- Registers voters if eligible.
- Serves as a Certified Passport Agent.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MLS from an ALA accredited institution
One year of experience in a library or bookstore preferred with a focus on public service
Position Hours: 18 hours per week. Availability to work some nights and weekends.
Hourly Rate: $18.68/hr
If you are interested in joining the Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please email your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.