We offer wireless Internet access to all library users during our regular business hours free of charge. Access is available in every public area of the library. In using our wireless network, you thereby agree to our Internet Access Policy and Public Communication Systems Policy.
EAPL Wireless Network System Requirements:
- Device or laptop to connect to wireless system. (Ela cardholders can see the Reference desk to checkout laptops or iPads for in-library use.)
- Wireless network card that supports the Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/a/ac networking standards (if you’re unsure, check with your laptop or wireless network card manufacturer)
- Software and drivers for your wireless network card (Windows, Android, Mac OS X, and iOS include all the necessary software for most common wireless network cards).
Quick Setup Settings:
- Network Type or Mode: Infrastructure or Access Point (AP) Mode
- Service Set Identifier (SSID) or Network Name: eapl-public-wifi
- Encryption Type: None
- IP Address: Obtain address automatically using DHCP
- DNS Addresses: Obtain addresses automatically using DHCP
How to Connect
Simply turn on the wireless radio in your laptop or other portable device. If it does not detect and associate with our network automatically, manually try to connect to the Library's wireless network (eapl-public-wifi) using your preferred wireless management software (e.g. Windows XP's Wireless Network Connection).
Having Trouble Connecting?
Try disabling your firewall software and then see if you can connect. If you can, then you will need to reconfigure your firewall to allow access to our wireless network (refer to your firewall's online help).
Library staff cannot provide assistance troubleshooting connection problems between the wireless network and patron laptops. If you encounter a problem connecting to our network, please read the following instruction sheet and the documentation that came with your laptop and wireless card.
You must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in installed to view the Instruction Sheet on your computer.