Volunteer for the Ela Area Public Library
The Library needs the help of dedicated teen and adult volunteers to provide support and assistance to meet the challenges and demands of our growing population of library users. If this sounds interesting to you, contact the Library to explore how your gift of time and talent might help us.
Typical ongoing volunteer jobs include:
- Mending books
- Assisting with programs and special events
- Delivering books to homebound patrons
- Summer Reading desk help (June and July in Children's)
- Helping with special projects
- Clerical assistance
- Shelving books
- Helping prepare book displays
Volunteer Benefits: Volunteers receive discounts on book orders. An annual volunteer meeting and luncheon is scheduled in the fall.
Become a Volunteer: The placement process is easy:
- Complete a volunteer application. Please pick up a form at the Information Desk or click here.
- The Library's Volunteer Coordinator will contact you. If there are no openings, you will receive a letter in the mail stating your application will be kept on file.
- Interview and Placement
Donate to the Library
You may safely and easily donate to the Library online with E-Pay.
Become a permanent part of the Library. Book-a-Brick is the perfect way to honor a loved one or to commemorate birthdays, graduations, anniversaries or other special events. *Click here* for an application.
Book Sale Area
For a $1 donation per item, you can purchase gently used books, DVDs and CDs for kids, teens and adults in the Library's Book Sale Area located in the lobby. New items are added weekly, so check frequently. From bestsellers to textbooks, you won't be disappointed in our selection. (Please note -- the Library no longer accepts donations of used books.)